Charlie And The Healthy Factory Recipe: Cauliflower Rice
Beginner Yogi interviewed Charlie Barber from the website Charlie Barber And The Healthy Factory this month.
If you are a teenager (or a parent with teens) interested in health and wellbeing then you’ll love what Charlie had to say about the topic and her approach to a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Charlie’s favourite recipe out of her e-book ‘Lunchbox Love‘ is the Cauliflower Rice, and she was kind enough to share the recipe and a photo with Beginner Yogi readers!
1 Zucchini, Diced
1 Capsicum, Diced
1 Carrot, Diced
1 Onion, Diced
2 tsp Crushed Garlic
1 tsp Crushed Ginger
Generous pinch of cumin and paprika
Drizzle of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Salmon Stir Fry Pieces/Smoked Salmon (optional)
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and split in half. Pulverise half the cauliflower in the food processor until of a rice/couscous consistency, then place in a bowl and repeat for the other half. Set aside.
2. Over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil in a large pan or wok. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
3. Add half of the diced vegetables and cook for another few minutes.
4. Then add the spices, salt and pepper to taste. Combine.
5. Add half of the cauliflower rice to the pan and cook. Add a bit more liquid (tamari,olive oil).
6. Add the other half of the vegetables and cauliflower. Mix for a few minutes over the heat.
7. Enjoy as a delicious lunch. If wanting more, add some salmon or other protein of choice.
Charlie has created a lunchbox e-book called ‘Lunchbox Love’- six easy, delicious and nutritious recipes perfect for lunch time and you can grab that for free on her website: charlieandthehealthyfactory.com